[PyQt] sip issue in Makefile generation on *BSD with Qt5

Tho tho at useless-ficus.net
Thu Sep 27 20:43:31 BST 2018

Hi Phil,

On Thursday 27 Sep 2018, at 09:18, Phil Thompson wrote:
> I can't accept the patch as it affects all other UNIX platforms (AIX,
> HP-UX etc). I will look at one that targets NetBSD explicitly.

I understand your concern. However, I'm not sure if the platforms you
cite have a different naming scheme for Qt5 libraries? The issue is
not specific to NetBSD. It concerns all platforms supported by pkgsrc,
thus virtually any unix platform.

Anyway, if you want to target NetBSD explicitly, you can use the
following test:
  sys.platform.startswith("netbsd")

Best,
Anthony