[PyQt] Crosscomping sip with a sip.cfg file

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Sep 18 16:53:27 BST 2018

On 09/08/2018 04:31 AM, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 8 Sep 2018, at 12:25 pm, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:

>>> Difficult to say without more context. Also I'd suggest you try the current snapshot.
>>
>> I tried the head of the Hg repo and had the same issue.
>>
>> In the end, this patch on top of the tarball helps. Still puzzling over
>> getting PyQt5 going again though.
>>
>> I'm not sure if this is correct, but the PyQT5 sip.so ends up where I
>> think it should.
>
> Can you try the attached patch to the current snapshot/repo?
>
> Phil

I can't get this to run configure at all:

[balister at thuvia sip]$ python configure.py
This is SIP 4.255.255 for Python 2.7.15 on linux2.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /usr/bin.
The sip.h header file will be installed in /usr/include/python2.7.
The sip module will be installed in /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages.
The sip.pyi stub file will be installed in
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages.
The default directory to install .sip files in is /usr/share/sip.
Creating sipconfig.py...
An internal error occured.  Please report all the output from the program,
including the following traceback, to support at riverbankcomputing.com.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "configure.py", line 1001, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "configure.py", line 989, in main
    macros)
  File "configure.py", line 273, in create_config
    "sip_module_dir":   sip_module_dest_dir,
NameError: global name 'sip_module_dest_dir' is not defined

Philip