[PyQt] pyqtsignal() and None value

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:02:30 BST 2018

> Thanks for your information.  I am indeed Python 3/PyQt 5, I haven't known
> any different.  I'm not such an expert as you on understanding the ins &
> outs of Python/C++ wrappers etc.  I just learn to use what works and cross
> my fingers :)

Don't worry, I'm not an expert, I just learned in the same way :-)

> For now QVariant parameter type seems to be working fine for me, so I'll
> just stick with it.  But will bear object in mind possibly for the
> future.  Mind you, I thought the documentation implied that the parameter
> type had to be mappable to a C++ type: that's OK for QVariant, but if
> it's the case then I can't see what type object would map to in C++?

I don't exactly know how it is mapped, probably it would be necessary to
read the source code and find it, but... As long as it works, I actually
don't care that much ;-)
What I think is that, as long as it is a "pyObject", it is not "converted"
if not required by the slots receiving it (or, better, by the signature[s]
for which the signal is connected to), but I really don't have the
slightest idea of how all of this works on the low-level side.

Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi