[PyQt] Minimum requirements?

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Tue Oct 9 15:54:04 BST 2018

On 2018-10-09 09:32, Daniel. wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I was looking for minimum requirements for an pyqt application. For
> doing this I'm taking minimum requirements for all it's dependencies,
> manly Python, Qt and pyqt. I guess that the major dependency for PyQt
> is Qt it self, so I would have no problems with Qt.
>
> I can't find anything like _minimum requirements for running Qt apps_
> on Qt documentation.The most of the documents about requirements are
> for developing and building Qt apps and not for running them.
>
> If anybody has faced this question before and want to point out a
> direction for following other than getting the minimum requirements for
> each dependence I would appreciate. Since this is a common request in
> desktop software development, the community would benefit from a
> roadmap for such scenarios. Summing up, any help is appreciated! :-)

Requirements like 'how do I distribute my program' or like 'I should
tell my users to have at least a 1GHz CPU and 2GB of RAM'?  I'm thinking
you mean the latter but I don't think it's really a thing that can be
answered generally.  It depends entirely on what the program does.  Some
programs will require a Raspberry PI and other's a 42 core workstation.
I guess for a bottom line, if you really need some numbers, maybe you
just take the OS suggested minimums.

Cheers,
-kyle