[PyQt] How can I add a path to the QProcess PATH environment variable?

kristof.mulier at telenet.be kristof.mulier at telenet.be
Fri Nov 23 09:03:50 GMT 2018

Dear PyQt developers/users,

I'm using a QProcess() -instance to execute commands. The QProcess() -instance automatically inherits the standard environment, for example the PATH environment variable. So if the command is an executable, it can only find it if it's in the PATH variable.
Once the QProcess() -instance exists, I just can't add anything to its PATH variable. Well, actually I can, but it doesn't have any effect. I've explained everything in great details on StackOverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53438065/how-can-i-add-a-path-to-the-qprocess-path-environment-variable-pyqt5-on-python

I would be very thankful if you can have a look at it :-)

Kind greetings,

Kristof Mulier