[PyQt] what build instructions/technique to use for a new SIP wrapped project?

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Wed Nov 7 17:59:14 GMT 2018

The instructions for building your own SIP-wrapped projects are saying
to not use them due to upcoming changes for SIP v5.

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/sip4/build_system.html
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/sip4/distutils.html

     Note: This should not be used for new projects as it will not be
supported by SIP v5.

Are there other instructions I should be using?  Or should I just use
those but know that lots will be changing?  I'm not looking to do
anything big, just a little bit of QStandardItem customization and a
couple little proxy models for now that I want to keep purely in the C++
side of things.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
-kyle