[PyQt] PyQt3D - another timeline error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Nov 1 22:32:18 GMT 2018

Sorry, didn't get a chance to try the snapshot - I had something to package, and I didn't see any snapshot downloads for PyQt3D.

> On Oct 26, 2018, at 9:31 AM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
>
> Can you try tonight's snapshot? I was getting something similar in a different context. I've eliminated the reduce/reduce conflict in the parser but I'm not convinced that that was the cause - even though my problem now seems to be fixed.
>
> Phil
>
>> On 21 Oct 2018, at 6:48 pm, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>>
>> Odd, it seems to be both arbitrary and definitely connected to the Qt3D_5_11_0 time point.  The Qt3D_5_10_0 test right before it has no error.  And if I comment out the %if and %end for the Qt3D_5_11_0 block, I get another timeline error at line 65, also a Qt3D_5_11_0 time test, but the Qt3D_5_11_0 test at line 55 gives no error.  Oh, and then commenting line 65/67 %if/%end, there is then an error at line 55.  It's like they are nesting wrong.
>>
>> There are also the same error in many others in qt3drender and qt3danimation.  Commenting all these lets sip generate all the source files.
>>
>>> On Oct 20, 2018, at 8:31 PM, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm having another timeline error in PyQt3D.  This time everything looks right.  I'm Building PyQt3D 5.11.3 for Qt 5.11.1. during configure (--verbose) there is an error:
>>>
>>> sip: /Users/Shared/src/qt/PyQt3D_gpl-5.11.3/sip/Qt3DExtras/qtexturematerial.sip:45: Lower bound is not a time version
>>>
>>> that line 45 tests for (Qt3D_5_11_0 -), and Qt3D_5_11_0 IS in the timeline list in qt3dcoremod.dip.  So I'm stuck.
>>>
>>> -----
>>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>>
>>> "Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."
>>>
>>> - A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> "Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."
>>
>> - Ford Prefect

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro