[PyQt] PyQt5 Reference Guide: Links in headings are invisible

FeRD ferdnyc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:43:27 BST 2018

Not sure if the list is the right place to send this, but I wasn't able to
find a better option.

The CSS used in the Sphinx-generated PyQt5 Reference Guide
<http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/> colors hyperlinks identically to
the background color of documentation headings, meaning that any links that
appear *IN* documentation headings are invisible.

For instance, the "Support for Signals and Slots" chapter heading "Defining
New Signals with"
<http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/signals_slots.html#defining-new-signals-with-pyqtsignal>
actually reads "Defining New Signals with pyqtSignal()".

I worked around this locally by creating a userstyle (which anyone who
needs can install from userstyles.org
<https://userstyles.org/styles/157808/pyqt-documentation-reveal-links-in-headings>)
which adds alpha-transparency to the heading background color, so that the
full-opacity hyperlinks are visible against the background.