[PyQt] Resize grips and Column separation aren't visible in PyQt5

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Mar 15 15:08:56 GMT 2018

Hi Rathinam,

On Donnerstag, 15. März 2018 18:07:10 Rathinam Signup wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We've been using paid version of PyQt(Login name: 01-012138). When we tried
> to port our existing application from PyQt4 to PyQt5, we noticed that the
> column separation lines and resize grips are not at all visible in
> QColumnView. It worked fine in PyQt4.
>
> I've attached a sample program from Qt Demo to reproduce this issue. We are
> using ColumnView extensively in Mac for important features. Please provide
> a workaround or fix this ASAP.

First at all, that's the wrong way to ask for support here:

	In this list, members cooperate on a voluntary base to solve such issues

Second, you're barking at the wrong tree:

	Riverbank Computing provides a way to wrap the extensive Qt libraries in
	order to use them from Python. They(!) cannot be made responsible for
	behavioural changes inside the library itself.

As mentioned already, you're suffering from a behavioural change in the transition from
Qt4 to Qt5. Furthermore, the way, these widgets are displayed, is style dependent. In order
to give us an idea, what's wrong to those that do not work on MacOS like me, you might
want to provide two screenshots showing the difference.

Given all these facts, it might be your best bet to direct this request (transformed to C++) to
a native Qt forum.

Cheers,
Pete