[PyQt] QDialog (and others) not resizing on PyQt 5.10.1 PIP install

Barry barry at barrys-emacs.org
Tue Mar 6 21:18:25 GMT 2018

> On 6 Mar 2018, at 10:09, Marko Luther <marko.luther at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Mac OS X 10.13.3 , Python 3.5.4, Qt 5.10.1 / PyQt 5.10.1 installed via PIP "PyQt5"
> With the attached script resizing works for Windows, but not for any other of the options incl. QDialog.
>
> I downgraded to PyQt 5.10.0 and with the same code the QDialog resizes again as expected.
>
> Any idea? Is this a Qt problem?

I read the code, did not run it.

Why do you need to check pos and move the window? Seems odd.

You have platform specific flags that you reference. I would conditionalise the platform specific code to avoid surprises. E.g. windows flags on mac os x, etc.

Also why don’t your or the flags together if more the one check box is set?

Barry