[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.10.1 and SIP v4.19.8 Released

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Mar 2 17:54:48 GMT 2018

On 2 Mar 2018, at 5:47 pm, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:

> Another user of eric reported the same issue via sourceforge (before they went
> out). He observed it on a Mint system. I'll try it on the weekend with a self-
> built variant.

The problem will either be with the wheel package (ie. there is a something missing from the copy of Qt included in the wheel) or a problem with Qt itself. I don't build Qt - I use the copy installed using the online installer.

So the first thing I'd try is a C++ example using a separate copy of Qt from the online installer. That way you take PyQt and the wheel out of the equation.