[PyQt] PyQt documentation often unavailable

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 10:17:59 BST 2018

I actually stopped using PyQt's documentation a long ago. They are more or
less identical to the main Qt documentation, except for some minor binding
discrepancies: some class don't exist on PyQt, and some methods are
implemented in slightly different ways (such as QSettings.value which has a
"type" argument that obviously doesn't exists on Qt).
Also, the PyQt docs styling is ugly, while the official documentation is
much more readable, and browsing through its pages is easier.
I started using those pages also because too often the PyQt docs were
unavailable, and at the beginning I was a bit confused, since I only know
python, and all those "void", const, asterisks, etc were a bit of a
mistery; but once you dig a bit more into it, it's quite easy to understand
how it works (and it actually helps to better understand how everything
works).
So, I warmly suggest you to switch to those pages.

If you are looking for the Qt4 docs, anyway, they have been moved here:
http://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/

Maurizio

> PyQt documentation is again unavailable on address:
> http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/...
> It says: "Project Website Maintenance"
> And it is under maintenance too often.
>
> Is there any mirror site or something else with PyQt docs?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/PyQt-f1792048.html

È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi
http://www.jidesk.net