[PyQt] private sip?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 1 15:14:18 BST 2018

I found it.

Seems to be a silly requirement for PyQt5.  A problem is that sipconfig.py was not installed with a private sip, this will break things for me down the line.  Maybe a bug - it is created in the source and does have PyQt5 as the sip_module_dir.

> On Jul 1, 2018, at 3:10 AM, Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 09:10:16PM -0500, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Sorry if this was answered already, I then missed it - I'm trying to build the latest PyQt5 5.11.1, but configure.py is complaining that it can't import PyQt5.sip:
>>
>> Error: Unable to import PyQt5.sip. Make sure you have configured SIP to create
>> a private copy of the sip module.
>>
>> I don't see any option in sip (4.19.10) to build a "private" copy.
>
> Took me a moment as well to figure it out, but it's this option:
>
>  --sip-module=NAME     the package.module name of the sip module [default: sip]
>
> i.e., passing --sip-module=PyQt5.sip will build sip as PyQt5.sip.
>
> Florian
>
> --
> https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
>   GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
>         I love long mails! | https://email.is-not-s.ms/

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin