[PyQt] PyQt5.10: Missing QProcess.setCreateProcessArgumentsModifier() method

Bohlein Stefan stefan.bohlein at siemens-healthineers.com
Mon Jan 29 12:12:37 GMT 2018

Hello all,

is there any reason, why QProcess.setCreateProcessArgumentsModifier() is missing at PyQt5.10?

This function was introduced in Qt 5.7, and Qt documentation says, it requires "C++11".
I installed PyQt5.10 by running "pip3 install PyQt5". Perhaps PyQt was build with an older compiler?

In the past (PyQt4.x), I had to use subprocess.Popen() and subprocess.STARTUPINFO() to avoid
opening visible cmd.exe. QProcess.setCreateProcessArgumentsModifier() should be able to
provide the same functionality with a Qt function, with all benefits like readyReadStandardOutput()

Thanks and best regards,

--
Stefan Bohlein