[PyQt] Undefined error with Drag & Drop

Scott Harvey bundito at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 12:56:13 GMT 2018

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 4:39 AM, hjm <hjm at pmeonline.net> wrote:

> I'm runinng into a crash while doing Drag & Drop in QTreeView. If I drop
> over a root item I get the following messages:
>
> failed to initialize logger
> ZMQ_EVENT_CONNECT_DELAYED
> ZMQ_EVENT_CONNECTED
> ZMQ_EVENT_CONNECT_DELAYED
> ZMQ_EVENT_CONNECTED
> ZMQ_EVENT_CONNECT_DELAYED
> ZMQ_EVENT_CONNECTED
>
> If I drop on same level or below, it works.
>
> System Windows 7, python 3.6, pyqt 5.9, development with pyCharm 2017.3.
>
> Can someone explain the messages or behavior. I have actually no idea
> where to search.
>
> Thanks, Hans

Where are the ZeroMQ (ZMQ) messages going (when successful)? The errors are
definitely coming from ZeroMQ.Do you get any messages received on the other
end of the message queue when this happens? It sounds like ZMQ isn't fully
initialized or ready to send & receive at that point in your code. My small
amount of experience with ZMQ found it to be relatively easy to set up and
use. I'd suggest checking whatever is on the other end of the line.

-Scott