[PyQt] QML plugin library in 5.12?

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Fri Dec 28 18:27:56 GMT 2018

> > Will libpyqt5qmlplugin.so  be included in the 5.12 wheels when they land?
>
> No. I consider that to be part of the wider Qt environment rather than the
> run-time Python environment that the wheels focus on.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm curious, though... aren't most people who use the wheels going to be
developers who might want more than the runtime? I would have thought most
user-level deployments (i.e. those that only need the run-time libs) would
be managed with something like pyqtdeploy or pyinstaller.