[PyQt] qscintilla (and others) and private sip modules

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Aug 26 16:49:46 BST 2018

Phil Thompson wrote:

> On 26 Aug 2018, at 4:16 pm, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Rex Dieter wrote:
>>
>>> I think I've found that the latest release of qscintilla-2.10.7 doesn't
>>> work (well) with latest sip/PyQt and private sip modules.
>>
>> Importantly, context here is that I'm trying to build Qt-5.11.1 for
>> fedora
>> 28.  My last blocker is how to deal with PyQt5.  PyQt5-5.10 fails to
>> build against Qt-5.11, and PyQt5-5.11 introduces this (incompatible?)
>> private sip
>> modules thing.  So if there are any simpler short-term workarounds, I'm
>> open to any advice.
>
> On second thoughts...
>
> How are you determining what sip flags to use? The correct '-n PyQt5.sip'
> flags should be in PYQT_CONFIGURATION.

I'm only adding -n PyQt5.sip where needed, when application builds
themselves do not.  One example,
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/libarcus/blob/master/f/libArcus-3.3.0-PyQt5.sip.patch
(or like the current version of qscintilla).

> Alternatively you should be able to get PyQt v5.10 to build by removing
> waitForEvents(), mouseEvent() and the MouseAction enum from
> qtestmouse.sip. These are internal and should never be used.

Thanks, this is good news and a much simpler path to follow in the short-
term.

-- Rex