[PyQt] qscintilla (and others) and private sip modules

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Aug 26 16:16:55 BST 2018

Rex Dieter wrote:

> I think I've found that the latest release of qscintilla-2.10.7 doesn't
> work (well) with latest sip/PyQt and private sip modules.

Importantly, context here is that I'm trying to build Qt-5.11.1 for fedora
28.  My last blocker is how to deal with PyQt5.  PyQt5-5.10 fails to build
against Qt-5.11, and PyQt5-5.11 introduces this (incompatible?) private sip
modules thing.  So if there are any simpler short-term workarounds, I'm open
to any advice.

-- Rex