[PyQt] qscintilla (and others) and private sip modules

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Aug 26 15:57:28 BST 2018

I think I've found that the latest release of qscintilla-2.10.7 doesn't work
(well) with latest sip/PyQt and private sip modules.  In particular, it
doesn't see to use the private one(s) at all by default, so applications
that try to use both PyQt and qscintilla, end up with runtime errors like:
$ python3

>>> import PyQt4.QtCore
>>> import PyQt4.Qsci
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ValueError: PyCapsule_GetPointer called with incorrect name

I'm running into this problem quite a bit trying to integrate these latest
changes related to private sip modules in fedora packaging.  I'm having to
patch things to explicitly call
sip -n PyQt4.sip ...
or
sip -n PyQt5.sip ...
(or use a /usr/bin/sip-pyqt4 or /usr/bin/sip-pyqt5 wrapper which does the
same thing).  Is this correct or am I missing something?

-- Rex