[PyQt] pyqtdeploy and Python Standard library limitations

Michael Herrmann michael at herrmann.io
Wed Aug 1 14:53:55 BST 2018

Hi Ken,

you asked about pyqtdeploy. While I don't know the answer to your question,
may I recommend you also check out my open source library fbs
<https://build-system.fman.io/>? I think it is likely to make your life
much easier than pyqtdeploy.

Kind regards,
Michael

Hello everyone,

> Has anyone come across any support limitations of Python's Standard
> library with the usage of pyqtdeploy?
> I am asking this due to the pyqtdeploy web page's, "pyqtdeploy works by
> taking the individual modules of a PyQt application, freezing them, and
> then placing them in a Qt resource file that is converted to C++ code by
> Qt's rcc tool. Python's standard library is handled in the same way."
> I am beginning a project and this would be very helpful to know ahead of
> time. Should I just limit myself to what is available in the PyQt bindings
> or can I truly use everything available with the Standard library and it
> will be deployed across desktops and mobile platforms.
>
> Can any other Python libraries/modules be used as well?
>
> Any input would be much appreciated,
> Ken

[image: Inline image 1]

Michael Herrmann, MSc