[PyQt] pyqtdeploy vs. others...

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Sep 26 17:39:04 BST 2017

On 26 Sep 2017, at 9:33 am, Timothy Grove <tim_grove at sil.org> wrote:

> Any advantage to using pyqtdeploy for deploying pyqt5 applications over pyinstaller or cx_Freeze? Smaller, faster, etc.?

The original motivation for pyqtdeploy was to simplify the deployment to Android and iOS, ie. in a cross-development environment and with restrictions on what the deployable package was allowed to contain.

I wouldn't be surprised if other tools were better (or at least easier to use) when target == host, but I'm not sure if they support target != host.