[PyQt] Qt v5.9.2 Support

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Oct 15 11:31:43 BST 2017

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 10:20:15AM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > > There are some changes in the conversions of enums which means that
> > > invalid values can now raise an exception. If you are using correct
> > > values then you shouldn't see any difference.
> >
> > I'm not sure I follow - can you show an example of a line which didn't
> > raise an exception before but does now?  Something like Qt.Alignment(1337)?
> > Or passing a value which isn't in that enum to a method taking an enum?
>
> Yes, both of those.

What about things like Qt::ItemDataRole which has a range (starting with
Qt::UserRole) for custom values? If I'm reading this right, something like
calling .data(Qt.UserRole + 1) on a QStandardItemModel would break, but really
shouldn't.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)