[PyQt] make error when statically building Python for cross-compiling to android from linux

umbertofilippo umbertofilippo at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 10 22:32:18 BST 2017

Thank you very much Phil.

I am trying now to do everything with Python 3.5.4, to hopefully being
able to continue.

However, I am getting this error now, when I am trying to statically
build python:/
//    Configuring /home/umberto/Documents/apps/Python-3.5.4 as Python
v3.5.4 for android-32//
//    Patching
/home/umberto/Documents/apps/Python-3.5.4/Include/unicodeobject.h//
//    pyqtdeploycli:
/home/umberto/Documents/apps/Python-3.5.4/Include/unicodeobject.h:2280:
line does not match diff context/

/
/

I read that this is probably due to the fact that 'Python needs
unpatched source', but unfortunately, I don't know what that means...

I tried to create a new venv with python 3.5.4 (as my source Python), a
new pip installation of pyqt5 and pyqtdeploy, and then downloaded the
gzipped tarball source of Python 3.5.4 (target) from
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-354/.

Then I extracted it, cd to it and run

/pyqt//deploycli --package python --target android-32 configure/

/
/

May I ask what am I doing wrong, or what should I do in order to 'have
fresh, unpatched source for python' (I am quoting this discussion
<http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/LONG-BIT-error-static-compiling-Python3-4-2-for-Android-tp5085286p5085337.html>)?

 From the documentation
<http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/command_line.html#cmdoption-pyqtdeploycli-disable-patches>
I read in the description of pyqtdeploycli's --disable-patches option
that '/The default is to enable the patching of the Python source code
for Android based targets/'. How do I revert this if possible?

Thanks in advance for any help, I really like PyQt!

Umberto