[PyQt] Updated pyqt5-tools on PyPi

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Sun May 14 17:50:47 BST 2017

On 2017-05-13 14:34, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hello Kyle,
>
> is this wheel really dependent upon a specific Python version? As far
> as I can
> see, it contains only Qt executables independent of Python. Is a
> version
> independent package possible? I think it would be good, if Python 3.4
> could
> be supported as well.
>
> Detlev

Hi Detlev,

For me the heart of this package is the pyqt5.dll plugin for Designer.
I don't know the details of compatibility in regards to that and
different Python versions so I started with the brute force approach.  I
did make efforts to make 3.4 work but backed off when I realized there
weren't 3.4 wheels (well, I think it was 5.6 would install in 3.4 but
there aren't any 3.4 SIP wheels).  That's probably either a fake issue
or can just be worked around with the old installers or such.

What version of PyQt are you using with 3.4 and how are you installing
it?

Cheers,
-kyle