[PyQt] QNetworkReply pyQt

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 3 17:07:44 BST 2017

Hi,

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 10:53:37AM -0400, Christopher Probst wrote:
>> Problem is, it looks as if the readyRead, error or finished signal are
>> never emitted. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Hard to say without a working example - I think it'd also be possible
> that the readyRead signal is emitted before you connect the slot. Then
> it's never emitted again (and neither are the others) because you never
> read anything from the reply.

The behavior of at least the finished signal has recently been
discussed on the qt list. Since using a QNetworkReply in the way the
OP does is perfectly valid its guaranteed by Qt that the 'finished'
signal is always emitted even if you connect it after you 'started'
the network request. So in the scenario outlined at least the finished
signal should be emitted for sure.

Hence a complete example would be useful.

Andreas