[PyQt] com.apple.xbs Error-- Please help- Thank you

Grant Fraser grantrf93 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 22:18:00 BST 2017

Nice, I am going to download Barry's Emacs right now.

The IDE may be getting in the way.

Why is it working in the terminal but without all the menu buttons?
There should be  "file" "view" "search" "tools" "help" items in the top menu bar as well.

I really meant to post this code (my apologies):

import sys
from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QMainWindow, QApplication, QWidget, QPushButton, QAction
from PyQt5.QtGui import QIcon
from PyQt5.QtCore import pyqtSlot

class App(QMainWindow):
    def __init__(self):
        super().__init__()
        self.title = 'PyQt5 menu - pythonspot.com'
        self.left = 10
        self.top = 10
        self.width = 640
        self.height = 400
        self.initUI()

    def initUI(self):
        self.setWindowTitle(self.title)
        self.setGeometry(self.left, self.top, self.width, self.height)

        mainMenu = self.menuBar()
        fileMenu = mainMenu.addMenu('File')
        editMenu = mainMenu.addMenu('Edit')
        viewMenu = mainMenu.addMenu('View')
        searchMenu = mainMenu.addMenu('Search')
        toolsMenu = mainMenu.addMenu('Tools')
        helpMenu = mainMenu.addMenu('Help')

        exitButton = QAction(QIcon('exit24.png'), 'Exit', self)
        exitButton.setShortcut('Ctrl+Q')
        exitButton.setStatusTip('Exit application')
        exitButton.triggered.connect(self.close)
        fileMenu.addAction(exitButton)

        self.show()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = QApplication(sys.argv)
    ex = App()
    sys.exit(app.exec_())

If you get a chance, could you please try that out and let me know your results? My results were in the picture attachments. Only getting an Edit bar.

Thanks a bunch Barry.

Sincerely,
Grant