[PyQt] QMySql driver for PyQt 5.7

Nekhelesh Ramananthan krnekhelesh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:12:27 GMT 2017

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a MySql server on Ubuntu 16.04 but having been
getting the error,

QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL QMYSQL3 QPSQL QPSQL7

After searching on google, I found that I had to install the package
libqt5sql5-mysql. Despite installing that package I am still getting the
above error. What am I doing wrong? Ubuntu 16.04 came with Qt 5.5. However
using pip I installed PyQt 5.7 and am using it for my project. My project
is cross-platform. So ideally I would like to use pip to install the
necessary missing dependency to overcome this issue if possible.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Nekhelesh