[PyQt] [dip] simple.py: 'QWidgetIViewAdapter' object has no attribute 'show'

James Stearns - NOAA Affiliate james.stearns at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 30 23:47:11 BST 2017

My apologies if this is not the correct mail alias for dip questions or if
the question has been asked and answered (I did look back three months in
the archives).

I'm interested in dip.automate and tried running the example program,
simple.py, from the automate tutorial
<http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/dip/automate_tutorial.html#automate-tutorial>,
but received this error on ui.show():

'QWidgetIViewAdapter' object has no attribute 'show'

I'm running PyQt 5.8.2 and installed dip 0.4.6 from your wheel binary
<https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Downloads/dip/dip-0.4.6-py3-none-any.whl>
.

What step did I overlook?

Thanks,

Jim Stearns

Software Engineer, NOAA Affiliate
Earth Resources Technology, Inc. (ERT, Inc)