[PyQt] Building PyQt5 on Windows

Wallboy wallboy at wallboy.ca
Sun Jun 4 01:57:37 BST 2017

"ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found."

The exact same issue as explained here:
https://github.com/pyqt/python-qt5/wiki/Updating-the-repository#bundling. How
is it to know where to find the DLLs? I see them all generated in the
build /release folders, but they are not copied to the correct location
after nmake install? The wheels version has an actual __init__.py file
pointing to the Qt directory containing all those dlls. Whereas my
__init__.py file doesn't have that at all. You mentioned only the
commercial version does this for you. So for the non commercial version,
we are just expected to know how to manually copy the DLL files to the
correct location? I must be missing something or doing something wrong.