[PyQt] SIP cross compile LINK macro not working properly

Jakob Simon-Gaarde jakobsg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:31:46 GMT 2017

I am trying to compile SIP in Yocto and for that I use a cross compiler. To
tell sip configure that I wanna use another toolchain I use the CC, CXX and
LINK macros.

For some reason the LINK macro is not propogated all the way through to the
siplib Makefile. Does anyone know why?

$ python configure.py CC=mygcc CXX=myg++ LINK=myg++
This is SIP 4.19 for Python 2.7.12 on linux2.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /usr/bin.
The sip module will be installed in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.
The sip.pyi stub file will be installed in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.
The sip.h header file will be installed in /usr/include/python2.7.
The default directory to install .sip files in is /usr/share/sip.
Creating siplib/sip.h...
Creating siplib/siplib.c...
Creating siplib/siplib.sbf...
Creating sipconfig.py...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating sip code generator Makefile...
Creating sip module Makefile...

$ head sipgen/Makefile
TARGET = sip
OFILES = main.o transform.o gencode.o extracts.o export.o type_hints.o
heap.o parser.o lexer.o
HFILES = sip.h parser.h

CC = mygcc
CXX = myg++
LINK = myg++
CPPFLAGS = -DNDEBUG -I.
CFLAGS = -pipe -O2 -Wall -W
CXXFLAGS = -pipe -O2 -Wall -W

$ head siplib/Makefile
TARGET = sip.so
OFILES = siplib.o apiversions.o descriptors.o qtlib.o threads.o objmap.o
voidptr.o array.o bool.o
HFILES = sip.h sipint.h array.h

CC = mygcc
CXX = myg++
CPPFLAGS = -DNDEBUG -I. -I/usr/include/python2.7
CFLAGS = -pipe -fPIC -O2 -Wall -W
CXXFLAGS = -pipe -fPIC -O2 -Wall -W

Best regards
Jakob Simon-Gaarde