[PyQt] PyQt5 5.7.1 Bug: debug build on Windows broken

Mathias Born mathias.born at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 20:58:36 GMT 2017

DLL to be
> linked. You should only need --debug if you want to build debug versions
of
> the PyQt modules.

Thanks, that new option will be very useful.

However, please clarify "--debug". I understand there are now 4 distinct
'debug' build options:

(1)
Run configure.py on python_d.exe with option "--debug".
This creates debug versions of the modules which link against the debug
version of
Python and the debug version of the MS-runtime libs.
I verified that this works.

(2)
Run configure.py on python_d.exe without option "--debug".
What happens here?

(3)
Run configure.py on python.exe with option "--debug".
This creates a configuration which cannot be built because Python does not
allow
the use of the limited API in debug mode.

(4)
Run configure.py on python.exe with option "--debug" and the new
"--link-full-dll".
Don't know whether this works, but it should create debug versions of the
modules
which link against the release version of Python and the release version of
the
MS-runtime libs. (Is that right? You can't mix debug and release versions of
the runtime
libs.)
What would this be good for?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have option (1), but isn't all this a
documentation
nightmare?

Best Regards,
Mathias