[PyQt] Preview does not resize layouts

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Jan 17 17:24:00 GMT 2017

On Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017 08:32:13 Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2017, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > It means: no layout assigned, and asks for some action: guess, which.. If
> > you want to try yourself, read my other mail, load mainframe.ui as you
> > sent it to the list, and try to archive, what I sent in.
>
> Pete,
>
>    I opened both my original mainframe.ui and your mainframe2.ui and
> re-arranged the contacts object inspector layouts on the former to match the
> latter. This did not clear the 'no parking'/missing layout signs, nor allow
> the former to change size. I'm just not seeing what's different in the two
> (other than the sequence of widgets in the upper grid layout).
>
>    Both files attached.

Okay, last time. If you will not get this by now, I will have to confess, that I'm incapable to
explain this to you. Follow by the letter, please.

OI: Object Inspector

 * Activate "Contacts" tab: "maintab" in OI is selected now
 * Select Menu Form->Lay Out Vertically
 * Drop a Horiz. Spacer right to the Delete Button (but inside
   horizontalLayout_5

Your UI should look like this now:

 * Repeat the last 3 commands with all tabs
 * Select centralWidget in OI
 * Select Menu Form->Lay Out Vertically

Now you have a resizable window.

 * Select "Contacts" tab
 * Select verticalSpacer_3
 * Press Delete

Your Contacts are sane now.

 * Select "Companies" tab
 * Select verticalSpacer
 * Press Delete
 * Select verticalSpacer_2
 * Press Delete
 * Drop a vertical Spacer between verticalLayout_2 and horizontalLayout_6

It should look like this now:

 * Save your work
 * Start coding

Pete