[PyQt] Preview does not resize layouts

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Jan 17 10:57:52 GMT 2017

On Montag, 16. Januar 2017 14:42:49 Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2017, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > centralwidget and contacts...
>
> Pete,
>
>    Ah, now I see it. When I click on either in the object inspector I see no
> indication of the problem or its location. Nothing changes in the
> application window. I search the Qt5 and PyQt5 manuals for 'no parking' and
> find nothing.

The "no parking" term is mine, I needed an expression to describe this
appearance (and, as you already noticed, I'm not a native speaker.., sorry).

>    Where is this documented so I can learn how to know why it's displayed
> and how to respond.

It means: no layout assigned, and asks for some action: guess, which..
If you want to try yourself, read my other mail, load mainframe.ui as you sent
it to the list, and try to archive, what I sent in.

You can drop a horiz. spacer into the button group. Drag it until a little
blue line appears right to the buttons, but still inside the button group:
notice, that you can add and remove spacers in already layouted elements!
Next, click somewhere in this tabs background and assign a vertical layout.
Repeat for all other tabs. Finish with assigning a layout to the toplevel
widget (I used grid, IIRC). Some tabs have misplaced spacers, compare with my
mainframe.ui on how, *I think*, a sane layout should display.

Pete