[PyQt] PyQt5 5.7.1 Bug: debug build on Windows broken

Mathias Born mathias.born at gmx.de
Sun Jan 15 21:44:45 GMT 2017

Still doesn't work for me.

I installed the new SIP snapshot and tried to install the new PyQt snapshot.
There are two problems. The PyQt configure.py does not call sip with the new
"-D" command line option for debug builds. I get the same error message.
But even if I hack configure.py to add "-D", I still get the same error
message:

c:\cpp\python\python-3.6.0\include\object.h(65): fatal error C1189: #error:
Py_LIMITED_API is incompatible with Py_DEBUG, Py_TRACE_REFS, and
Py_REF_DEBUG

By the way, this is issued in object.h by these pre-processor directives:

#if defined(Py_LIMITED_API) && defined(Py_REF_DEBUG)
#error Py_LIMITED_API is incompatible with Py_DEBUG, Py_TRACE_REFS, and
Py_REF_DEBUG
#endif

Best Regards,
Mathias