[PyQt] Learning Qt5 designer

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 10 22:06:32 GMT 2017

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017, michael h wrote:

> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/examples-layouts.html

Michael,

   I did not find the above; it answers my question about the form layout
compared with the grid layout.

> A QMainWindow can be used as your base window in Qt, it comes with options
> for a menubar, toolbar, status bar, docked windows (similar to AUI), etc.
> QMainWindow is a subclass of a QWidget. All QWidget subclasses can use
> layouts to manage their child widgets.

   Same as with wxPython.

   I was not clear in my question. I think my other problems with adding
horizontal spacers and layouts can be fixed now that I understand the form
layout compared with others.

Much appreciated,

Rich