[PyQt] pyqt5.dll not works since PyQt5.6

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Mon Jan 9 13:59:15 GMT 2017

> On 2017-01-09 02:53, Zoltán Balogh wrote:
>>> On 2017-01-06 10:29, Zoltán Balogh wrote:
>>> I had try your solution earlier, and I changed the correct path to
>>> locate the
>>> qt designer application. My widget won't load neither.
>>
>> When you ran the application from my package did the pyqt5.dll file
>> show as loaded ok?  That's the first step.  Then we worry about
>> getting your widget to show up.
>>
> It says "Module not found", but for me everything seems to be in order.
> I also attached a printscreen.

1) Did you try it _just_ running the designer.exe directly?  First I am
curious if it can load the pyqt5.dll without error and then I would
consider a particular widget.

2) What version of pyqt5-tools did you install and from where?

3) I am not certain if spaces in the path (as Pete pointed out) are a
problem but I would recommend changing the directory name for a test.
Getting rid of the spaces is the easiest way to be sure but for actually
dealing with a space you can put a \ before it (might take two (\\) in a
string literal) or double quote the whole path (individual path, not the
whole path variable).

4) Do you install your package?  If so, what command line do you use?

5) Can you share your project for me to try?  If not, at least can you
share the full directory tree so I can see what files are where?

A general warning, in Windows you don't get any of the console output
from Designer that you do in Linux.  This makes it a real shot in the
dark to try to fix widget plugins since you get zero feedback about them
beyond total failure vs. success.  I did offer up a basic patch to see
if there was any interest in having debug output available from the
pyqt5.dll but I got no responses.  Note that the inline patch is of
course damaged but there is a link at the bottom to attachment.patch.

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2016-August/037879.html

My script for Designer in Windows activates my virtualenv in which I
have installed all my packages including the one containing my widgets
and plugins and then it  sets the PYQTDESIGNERPATH only.

   set
PYQTDESIGNERPATH=%cd%\sub\epyqlib\epyqlib;%cd%\sub\epyqlib\epyqlib\widgets

sub\epyqlib\epyqlib corresponds to the following and the widgets
directory from above is what you see directly in the link below:

   https://github.com/altendky/st/tree/lib/epyqlib

Cheers,
-kyle