[PyQt] Issue with pyqtdeploy

Matthew Lemon matt at matthewlemon.com
Fri Jan 6 12:50:15 GMT 2017

Hi,

I'm currently testing pyqtdeploy as a possible solution to deploying a PyQt
application I am working on.

I am testing on a very simple application but am unable to build for what looks
like a very simple reasons, so I guess I'm doing something in correct in the
config.

The basic problem is the error:
Freezing /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/PyQt5/__init__.py...
[Unable to freeze files]

There is no site-packages directory at /usr/lib/python3.5, which is clearly
why, however I can't figure out how to point pyqtdeploy to the correct
site-packages directory in my virtualenv, where PyQt5 is installed. Or
at least I can (in Target Python Locations : Standard library directory), but
when I do that, because virtualenv or venv do not include the full standard
library (even with --system-site-packges option in virtualenv, seemingly), then
pyqtdeploy does not find the standard library modules it needs.

I tried installing PyQt5 in system python3, but I think it goes into
a dist-packages directory there, so not found in
/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages either.

I'm doing this on Debian 8.

Hoping someone may be able to assist configuring pyqtdeploy to find the correct
locations. Many thanks!

Matt

--

Matthew Lemon