[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.8 and SIP v4.19.1 Released

Pou Belle belepoub at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:37:33 GMT 2017

Pete wrote :

>>* -Install PostgreSQL to get libpq.dll
*>>* -Install vcredist_2013, or PostgreSQL will not work.
*
> Since this is a glitch in the PostgreSQL windows package, it should be
> reported to the PostgreSQL packagers.

I don't think it's a glitch. I use the PostgreSQL zip package, not the
msi/exe one, so it's not supposed to install vcredist automatically.

I thought PostgreSQL was compiled with the same version (vcredist2015)
as Python3.5, so I assumed I did not have to install vcredist, but it
turned out PostgreSQL  was compiled with 2013.

Whether it's automatic or not, the result is the same, you need to
have vcredist2013 on the client computer.

Cheers.