[PyQt] Question about pyqtlicense tool

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 18:02:01 GMT 2017

The installation docs says:

"Installing the Commercial Version

It is not possible to provide wheels for the commercial version in the
same way they are provided for the GPL version:

the user’s license information has to be applied
it is not possble to distribute a copy of the commercial version of Qt.

[...]"

I just have to ask: If I want to use PyQt under a commercial license,
but against LGPL Qt, couldn't the license information be applied
afterwards, after the wheel has been installed? It would be very
convenient if I could just pip install PyQt from PyPI, and then apply
the PyQt license (using some tool similar to pyqtlicense).

Cheers,
Elvis