[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.8 and SIP v4.19.1 Released

Daniel Krause madakr at web.de
Wed Feb 15 20:01:11 GMT 2017

The current wheel works fine for me with standard python 3.6 for windows
(win10 - 64bit).

It fails with the anaconda python distribution (miniconda - python 3.5).

import sys
print('sys imported')
import PyQt5
print('Qt imported')
from PyQt5 import QtCore
print('QtCore imported')

gives

sys imported
Qt imported
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Thanks for PyQt anyway,
Daniel