[PyQt] Can't connect to QWebEnginePage::renderProcessTerminated

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Feb 6 19:13:32 GMT 2017

* Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> [2017-02-06 19:33:43 +0100]:
> in the new eric web browser it works fine using your 'slot1' method. Here is an extract.

Ah, thanks for that! Looks like the same signal is available on the
view too, and connecting to that works.

That being said, what you do in Eric (loading an error page, with no
renderer process?) segfaults QtWebEngine for me. I can reproduce this
by opening the helpviewer and then sending a SIGTERM to the renderer
process.

Stack: http://paste.the-compiler.org/view/bcedc8e6

> PS: You may want to have a look at the new eric web browser to get some ideas.
> QtWenEngine is a bit tricky from time-to-time.

I know, I look at QupZilla and Eric when something trips me up.
Didn't occur to me for this one though ;)

Florian