[PyQt] Two issues with synced scrolling of text edits

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 10:58:27 GMT 2017

Hello. I'm using PyQt 5.5.1+dfsg-3ubuntu4 with Py 3.5.1-3 default on
Kubuntu Xenial 64 bit. Please see the attached minimal example of
scrolling two text edits in sync.

Copy-paste some huge text into the left text edit to overflow it and
activate the vertical scrollbar. Press PgUp/PgDn. Now use the mouse
wheel to scroll up/down.

My observation is that it works by scrolling using the mouse wheel but
not by using PgUp/PgDn. Does others' experience agree? Why?

In case of mutually linked signals I thought we were supposed to check
whether the target value is not already the required value to avoid
infinite recursion. Yet this simple code without such checking works.
Why?

Thanks!

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा 𑀰𑁆𑀭𑀻𑀭𑀫𑀡𑀰𑀭𑁆𑀫𑀸