[PyQt] Using ui files in PyQt

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Thu Apr 27 18:46:31 BST 2017

Hi,

At my current job, one of our major applications in written using Qt (the
C++ version). Most of the UI is done in Qt Creator so we have a lot of *.ui
files. Our company supports having our engineers do hack-a-thons and I was
thinking it would be cool if I could create a little prototyping framework
using PyQt around the ui files.

I am having trouble finding good examples of doing this though. One recent
example that we did was where we created a wizard using over 15 ui files.
How does one load up a series of ui files for this sort of thing in PyQt?
What do you need to do if the ui files need to be nested?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Driscoll

Blog:   http://blog.pythonlibrary.org