[PyQt] Building pyqt on windows with self-built python?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:43:09 BST 2017

Hi Phil,

I have built python on windows using the pcbuild.sln file.

Attempting to use it to build sip and pyqt does not work.

In the case of sip, the problem is that configure.py looks for python36.lib
in the libs folder, but that folder does not exist.

I copied the lib file to that location to get past this, but that should
not be needed.

The pyqt configure.py does not use sysconfig.get_config_h_filename() as the
sip buildsystem does, so pyqt fails to build looking for that file.

Are these issues that are in scope to he fixed?

Thanks,

Steve.