[PyQt] Really basic debugger question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 12 21:58:13 BST 2017

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:11:18 +0000
Tony Arnold <tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> There is a tick box in that debugger window that tells the debugger
> whether to stop at the start of the script or not. If you want it
> stop, the box has to be clear, i.e., NOT ticked. The debugger should
> then stop at the start of your script and you can single step through
> it if you want.

Thank you again Tony, that was the clue although I found with my simple script that the "don't stop" box had to be cleared for the debugger to do anything at all. Just for good measure I installed gdb for ARM processors, so I don't know at the moment, if I initially had the wrong debugger installed or not.

I had searched for documentation but all I found was two QT examples that I remember getting started with at least 15 years ago. Perhaps I've missed more recent documentation?

--
Regards,