[PyQt] PyQT and EGLFS

Sylvain Garrigues sylgar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 09:08:03 BST 2017

I think my problem may be related to OPENGL detection in QtGui, just like it was in PyQT 5.8.1 and fixed in fixed in PyQT 5.8.2:

2017-03-29  Phil Thompson  <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>

	* lib/configure.py:
	Fixes for the OpenGL detection needed by the incompatible
	configuration changes in Qt v5.8.0.
	[bf6caed84fd3] <5.8-maint>

The fix was to include QtGui instead of QtCore header in the configuration introspection tool source code (qtdetail), because QT_OPENGL* local configuration #defines are now in QtGui’s 5.8 header files starting with Qt 5.8, and no longer in QtCore.

Indeed I can still see for instance in ./qpy/QtGui/qpyopengl_version_functions.cpp that we have an #if defined(QT_OPENGL_ES_2) but still no QtGui header was included before.

That would explain why an Hello World program with PyQt works on my Mac (no OPENGL) but doesn’t work any more on a raspberry pi (using OPENGL ES 2.0).

Hope it will help fix this

Cheers,
Sylvain