[PyQt] I'm seeing some strange behaviour whenever I quit my PyQt5 application

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 02:36:17 BST 2016

Thanks for the helpful advice, guys.  The main problem was that the crash
was preventing my QSettings from being written to disk on exit.  I've
overcome this by force-calling a "sync()" on them beforehand.

I've installed Florian's "qt5-base-debug" package, which indeed does fix
the second (i.e. "QDBusMetaType") crash.  WIth it no longer in existence, I
was able to narrow down the cause(s) of the first (i.e. QPropertyAnimation)
one.  I then created a bug report about it
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55922> on the Qt website.

Had I not been able to narrow down the problem - based on Florian's advice
- it's nice to know that I had Chris' as a fallback option :-).  I will
keep the latter in mind in case something like this happens in future.