[PyQt] PyQt5 support for QtWebEngine (for QML WebEngineView)?

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Fri Sep 9 16:19:14 BST 2016

I'm pretty confident that the answer to my question is that QtWebEngine
(for qml support) is simply not in the PyQt wheel, even though
QtWebEngineCore and QtWebEngineWidgets are included. Next step, I think, is
to successfully build PyQt from scratch to see if it is there.

However, while searching for docs to say which specific wrappers/modules
are included in the wheels (do these exist? I couldn't find it), I noticed
that "QtWebEngine" is not included in the list of PyQt5 components...

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/introduction.html#pyqt5-components

Does this mean there are still no wrappers for it?  Is there a fundamental
reason for this?  There is a very specific callout for QtWebEngineWidgets
indicating that there can be compiler issues on Windows, but no mention of
QtWebEngine is made.

Also, assuming it isn't there, is there a list of modules like this that
don't have PyQt wrappers available?