[PyQt] error when building pyqt5.7 with visual studio 2015

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Tue Sep 6 08:33:19 BST 2016

On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 02:34:06PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2016, at 7:17 pm, Surfman19 at gmx.at wrote:
>>
>> \VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
>> Stop.
>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
>> Stop.
>> win32-msvc2008 -o Makefile
>
> Easy answer is to --disable QtNfc when running configure.py.
>
> I have this problem when I have compiled Qt myself, but don't seem
> to have it when using the Qt binary installer.

It's been a while since I've compiled Qt, but I vaguely recall
something similar(-ish) on an OS X build.  There's a version of make
(qmake) that ships with the source and needs to be run against a bunch
of things *before* running the local C make (whether that's Clang, GNU
or whatever else).  It's usually worth trying before giving up on
extra (possibly needed) features.

Regards,
Ben