[PyQt] pyQt5.7 and QtQuick

Louis Simons lousimons at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:35:05 BST 2016

I built and installed PyQT and SIP from scratch on my installation, and now
get a little farther.  I think my Ubuntu default version of SIP wasn't the
latest which was causing weirdness.  I don't get a seg. fault, but I simply
get a white screen with a bunch of errors like the following:

QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
shader compilation failed:
""
QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation( matrix ): shader program is not
linked
QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation( opacity ): shader program is not
linked
QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0".

I think the last line is key.  I've updated my graphics drivers to the
latest available for my graphics card (NVIDIA 340.98, had 340.96
previously), and I'm pretty sure "NV-GLX" really isn't missing since I can
still run the C++ version of the program.  PyQT QtWidgets still work fine.
It seems to be either something unique to using OpenGL from Python or from
PyQT.  Hoping that someone has seen something like this before and can
point me in the right direction, or at least something new to try.

Thanks,
Louis